Friday, 26 August 2016
Kiss [2003.03.16] Rain In The Desert (Las Vegas, Nevada)
Rain In The Desert, Palms Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Sunday March 16th, 2003Very Good Audience Recording
Encoded: 128 Kbps MP3
Gene Simmons : Paul Stanley : Peter Criss : Tommy Thayer.
03. King Of The Night Time World
04. Let Me Go, Rock 'N Roll
06. Shout It Out Loud
07. Lick It Up
08. God Of Thunder
09. Psycho Circus
11. 100,000 Years
12. Calling Dr. Love
13. Do You Love Me
14. Cold Gin
15. I Was Made For Lovin' You
16. Love Gun
17. Paul's Intro Stairway To Heaven
18. Black Diamond
20. Detroit Rock City
21. Rock And Roll All Nite
- The first show in the United States featuring the lineup of Simmons, Stanley, Criss, and Thayer using revamped KISS "Alive!" era costumes.
- No KISS logo backdrop was used with the only KISS logo being that on Peter's bass drum. The band had arrived in Vegas direct from playing a show in Japan the previous night.
- In the confines of the limited "Rain In The Desert", with a sold-out capacity of around 1,600, the band relied on power forgoing the pyro, effects (fire-breathing or blood spitting), and solos of a "standard" KISS concert. This was partially a result of nightclub disasters that had occurred in Chicago and Rhode Island in the weeks prior to the show. The venue also projected the venue's floor/exit plan on the stage screen before the show with an announcement of the exits from the promoter.
- After a false start, attributed to Peter's monitor, the band would stop and restart "Deuce."
- "Heaven's On Fire" would be on the set list, as the final encore, but would not be performed. Paul would actually address criticisms about the band's setlist during the show stating, "if you don't like it, tough. We're not going to do stuff most people don't know." -KissMonster.com