Sunday, 29 May 2016

Robert Plant [1988.07.17] Charlotte Coliseum






Robert Plant
Charlotte Coliseum
Charlotte, NC., USA 
July 17th, 1988


Audience Recording
Encoded: 192 Kbps MP3

Track List: (Artwork Included)
Disc 1:
1. Intro
2. Helen Of Troy
3. Open Arms
4. Billy's Revenge
5. In The Evening
6. In The Mood
7. Black Country Woman
Disc 2:
1. Ship Of Fools
2. Dimples
3. Trampled Underfoot
4. Heaven Knows
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Big Log
7. Band Intro
8. Tall Cool One
9. Communication Breakdown

The first of two Plant shows I was able to catch in '88. This is the solo tour when Plant finally re-embraced his Zeppelin roots. A few Zep songs were included and many more old tidbits were inserted throughout the show - a riff here, a phrase there - you'll recognize a bunch. A friend of mine always referred to this as the "Push/Suck It" show. Robert had a lot of fun with both those phrases throughout. Didn't have the best equipment in the world at this one. For that reason it's not my most dynamic recording but it cleaned up OK and is very listenable. -Original

Yeah bla-bla-bla, I saw this tour too in Toronto at the MLG. I was in heaven. I think I had tears in my eyes for the first few songs. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, I'd be embarrassed! Suck it suck it suck it, push push pushhhhh! Uhhh yup!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/jfz4thd6slaaddh/r0b3rtp1ant19880717charlotte-YUP.rar

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.