Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Paul Weller [1992.11.25] Tower Records, New York City, NY

Paul Weller
Tower Records, NYC, NY., USA
Wednesday November 25th, 1992

Audience Recording
Encoded: 160 Kbps MP3

Track List: (Artwork Included)
01. Town Called Malice
02. Amongst Butterflies
03. I Didn't Mean To Hurt You
04. Uh Huh Oh Yeh
05. What's Goin' On
06. Bitterness Rising

Internationalists! Here's a little gem, and one of the more special ones in my personal history with PW. This was my second time ever in NYC and only the third time seeing Weller. Took the train up from VA and my brother and I made our way over to Tower Records where they had the place decked out for PW's appearance with a whole rack of CD's.Just seeing all those CD's got me excited. You see, in the States when I tell someone that one of my favourite musical artists is Paul Weller, I generally get a puzzled response of, "Who?" And even though it continues to this day, there seemed to be hope during this time that PW would break out. He came out to a huge reception and the place was packed. With the help of Camille Hinds and Steve White he stormed through a little six song set. It was really TOO short! But, he stayed around afterwards and signed something for everyone there. I remember being so nervous as I approached the table where he was graciously signing and posing for photos. When it was my turn, I shook his hand and probably said something like, "I love your music. The new album is great. Sorry my hand is so sweaty. Can you sign this?" I recall thinking, damn he's got some soft hands. Don't know why. That just stuck out. And as I studied him, his outfit and just how a fucking cool presence he was in general, he signed my copy of the Into Tomorrow single. It remains the treasure of my collection to this day. I walked away, fingers crossed that I wouldn't trip and fall as I was literally shaking with excitement. It was most assuredly one of those moments that probably the hero you're meeting really has no idea how magical that experience was for the fan. -Original

1 comment:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/az1k7lx2o1jf89h/paulW311er19921125-YUP.rar


Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.